Monday, May 05, 2008

Nett(o)ing in moolah

Cheryl NETTO... She lives, breathes and eats finance and enjoys it every step of the way!

When India was just growing up to the nuances of the financial sector, one lady had already grasped its long-term potential. Cheryl Netto, Executive Director of JM Financial, a leading investment banking firm. Speaking to 4Ps B&M, she said “I joined JM Financial 15 years back. When I started my career, women working in banks were a commonCheryl NETTO sight, but not so in investment banking. I realised that it was not a place for the weak-hearted, since it demanded long working hours and focused client management.”

So, did she face major difficulties in this male-dominated field? “JM Financial is an equalopportunity firm and gave me the platform to pursue my ambitions, grow and be recognized as an individual with the same aspirations as my male counterparts.” She does believe that women have more tolerance and empathy, which gave them an edge at the workplace.

Not only that, she has also gone one step ahead and charted out her future plans as well, looking forward to anchor a social initiative where she can leverage her knowledge of the financial world and client network. “I believe there is ample scope for young women to make their mark globally. You must stay committed and focused on your goals and believe in yourself,” is her advice to women professionals. Shall we say, more power to women empowered?

For Complete IIPM Article, Click here
Source: IIPM Editorial, 2008
An IIPM and Management Guru Prof. Arindam Chaudhuri's Initiative